Just recently I had a client stop into the office and she was worried that she wouldn’t be able to keep up with her blog. I asked her to tell me about her business and how it was started. She went into a deep conversation about her product and her passion. I congratulated her on her first blog post. I see the potential of good writers all around me. I feel if you can hold a conversation with someone then you are more than capable of being an amazing writer. Here are some things to keep in mind to help unlock The Writer Within.
• Write natural. Write like your having an informative conversation. If you’re following strict guidelines, write first, then make changes later. Worrying too much about the structure of the writing or keywords can dramatically slow or even “block” the creative writing process.
• Write about something your interested in. You’ll find it much easier to write when your passionate about something. Be excited. Be funny. Make good logical points to keep your readers coming back for more.
• Write about a personal experience. Some of the most interesting writing I’ve read is how a particular subject has affected a persons life. You’ll also be surprised when you write a full page article without even knowing it.
• Don’t plagiarize/copy content. You risk the chance of search engine penalizing the website you are writing on. Besides, your original writing will be much more interesting to read.
• Don’t worry about your writing. Some readers may absolutely love your writing, and some may not. It’s the freedom of expression. Don’t take it hard if someone criticizes you. Use it as fuel to become a better writer.
Latest posts by Ryan Patamia (see all)
- Upgrade Your Google Map Listing - January 17, 2014
- Keyword Analysis in the Dreaded ‘Not-Provided’ Age - December 16, 2013
- How Hummingbird is Affecting Search - November 12, 2013